CELEBRATE RECOVERY UPDATE – JULY 14, 2020IMPORTANT NEWS! The Celebrate Recovery Come Rejoice (CRCR) Online Summit is fast approaching. We are excited to announce the following on-campus watch party schedule.
The Summit Day 1 scheduled for Thursday, July 30, start time 8:30 AM PST & end time 7:20 PM PST will be broadcasted on Saturday, August 1 from 8:30 AM to 7:20 PM CST
The Summit Day 2 scheduled for Friday, July 31, start time 8:30 AM PST & end time 6:00 PM PST will be broadcasted on Saturday, August 8 from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM CST
Both broadcasts will take place in the East Assembly Room on campus. We will have the East entrance of the church open for both days for your convenience.
Registration will continue this Tuesday night at the West entrance CR Welcome Kiosk immediately following Small Groups. If you register through FBCCOV Celebrate Recovery, the cost is $25. If you are writing a check, please make check payable to “FBC Covington”. Cash will be accepted.
Registration ends Tuesday, July 21st.
For now Coffee Shop, Celebration Place, and Child Care are ON HOLD.
Celebrate Recovery Large Group will meet at 7:00 pm followed by Open Share Small Groups at 8:00 pm.
OPEN SHARE SMALL GROUP ZOOM OPTION – For WOMEN Only
For a period of time, there will also be one Zoom mixed issue Open Share Group for women.
Tuesday night Safety Protocols
1. ≤ 10 per group (spread out in rooms) for small groups
2. In the Large Group assembly, blue painter’s tape will mark available rows for seating…every 4th row…there should be 3 chairs left open on either side of any seated participant(s) who may have come together and they should be encouraged by our greeters to move to the center of their row so others can sit down without having to crawl over them,,,greeters in the hall are responsible to see that this spacing is maintained
3. Social distancing (keep 6’+ distance)
4. “No touching at all” policy (this is important)
5. CR participants will use the West building entrance and West 1st floor rooms and bathrooms. The Landing participants will use the East building entrance only.
6. Masks in meetings…we will be a ‘BYOMM’ – Bring Your Own Mask Ministry…to protect other participants, masks should be used in the meetings.
7. Praise team will remove masks on stage, and will distance (“no “clumping”)…masks on when in their seats
8. Large Group speakers will need to project their voices through masks and avoid touching microphone as much as possible…Lesson Teachers/Testimonies can remove masks and use head mic
9. Chips – those handing out chips will put on gloves when arriving at front…the cases will be on the stage floor and only they (not the announcer) will handle and hand out chips with masks and gloves on…recipients will be congratulated but not touched in any way
10. Greeting time in Large Group will consist of having participants stand in place and wave to as many folks as they can on all sides as a sign of welcoming/”we are glad you are here”)
11. Offering will be taken by placing a plate on a chair on the first row of the second section.
HAVE QUESTIONS? Contact us
Church Office Phone: 985-892-2149
Meet online using ZOOM at 7 PM on Tuesday nights. If you do not have access to a computer or smart cell phone, you can also access these ZOOM meetings by telephone.
If you are new to Celebrate Recovery and would like information for connecting to these meetings, either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call FBC Covington at 985-892-2149 and ask for assistance reaching Celebrate Recovery.
When you contact us, please let us know your gender and the broad category of hurt, habit or hang-up you are dealing with so we can get you into a small group that can address your needs.
The purpose of First Baptist Church Covington’s Celebrate Recovery ministry is to fellowship and celebrate God´s healing power in our lives through the “8 Recovery Principles.” This experience allows us to “be changed.” We open the door by sharing our experiences, strengths and hopes with one another. In addition, we become willing to accept God´s grace in solving our lives´ problems. By working and applying these Biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually. We become free from our addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and others. As we progress through the program we discover our personal, loving and forgiving Higher Power – Jesus Christ, the one and only true Higher Power.
The Landing is an all-new, year-long program that helps middle-school and high-school students (ages 12-18 and 6th-12th grade) travel the path to freedom, healing, and wholeness. This dynamic resource mirrors the content presented in the adult Celebrate Recovery Program.
The Landing is not a lecture-style resource. It’s designed to get teenagers talking about and exploring new ways of thinking and doing. Weekly lessons follow a schedule that includes worship, small groups, games, teaching times, videos and other activities. Every lesson closes with a time of commitment, reflection, or worship—and the Serenity Prayer. The kids will also learn to use Student Journals to help get in touch with their feelings and record their thoughts.
Celebration Place is a 52-week complementary children’s resource to Celebrate Recovery. So while adults explore topics that bring healing and wholeness, kids discover the same truths in age-appropriate ways!
Celebration Place gives kids…
- Hope for all the amazing things God has in store for them
- Truths that help them overcome life’s challenges by learning to lean on Jesus
- Joy as they embark on a wonderful, year-long journey of songs, games, videos, impactful experiences, and great conversation
- Friendships with other children
It has everything you need to lead kids as they make Jesus the enduring, rock-solid foundation of their lives.
Celebration Place is designed to inspire kids with hope, joy, and happiness while they learn to rely on God.
John Baker, founder of Celebrate Recovery, says, “The Celebration Place dream is to put Celebrate Recovery out of business by breaking the cycles of dysfunction in our families.”
Time and Location
Celebrate Recovery meets every Tuesday at 7pm at First Baptist Church Covington:
7:00 PM – Large Group
8:00 PM – Open Share Small Groups
9:00 PM – Coffee Shop (ON HOLD)
16333 HWY 1085 | Covington, LA 70433.