5 Group Rules
- Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Please limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes.
- There will be no cross talk please. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in dialogue, excluding all others. Each person is free to express feelings without interruption.
- We are here to support one another. We will not attempt to “fix” another.
- Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group!
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered group.
Small Groups Can…
- Provide you a safe place to share your experiences, strengths and hopes with others who are going through the “Principles” in a Christ-Centered recovery.
- Provide you a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up on habit that will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular Step each week. The leader will also keep Celebrate Recovery’s “FIVE RULES.”
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner or sponsor.
- Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week, if available.
Small Groups Will Not…
- Attempt to offer any professional clinical advice. Our leaders are not counselors. We will provide you with a list of approved counseling referrals.
- Allow its members to attempt to fix one another.